Sunday, January 3, 2021

Another Day, Another Dollar (Redux)

 After looking over my LinkedIn profile, a recruiter reached out just to explore the possibility of working remotely on a full-time basis after I moved from the San Francisco Bay Area to the San Joaquin Valley near Sacramento.

The recruiter scheduled a day and time to call me. I waited, but the call never happened. I followed up with a message suggesting that it would be better for me to call at a day and time that the recruiter would be available.

After the arrangements were confirmed, the recruiter did not answer the phone when I called and I could not leave voicemail.

The runaround continued for several days before I sent a message stating I was no longer interested.

Still, I wasn't really disappointed about the outcome. You see, I'm taking a well-deserved sabbatical after working for a slew of pre-IPO startups to Fortune 500 companies: 17 jobs that lasted 6 months to 6 years along with the 7 layoffs that lasted 3 to 11 months.

My  life does have a meaning, purpose, and plan. I just have to remember that it's not up to me to know (or understand) all of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Second Time Around (Postscript)

 I actively pursued many hobbies when I was young : hiking in the Santa Cruz mountains; kayaking on Montterey Bay;  mountain biking to Missi...